Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Creative solutions to poster problems.

We were originally having trouble coming up with an idea for this poster so me and two other friends decided we would be more successful if we collaborated together and created an ad campaign. The plan was to make a series of ads and link them together when we posted them up on our blog. The way this would work is each ad would have a QR code that would send you to a specific blog post which would contain all three ads. We chose the theme monster movie marathon and we each created a different ad based on our "predator" assets. For my ad, I used my purple monster from my skateboard design and decided to call it "The Thing". Taking ideas from previous posters, I decided on making the design mostly in black and white to give it that old classic movie feeling. I also played around with effects until I got a sort of an old tv effect on the monster. I searched around for fonts that would go great with my idea and stopped on the font, Feast of Flesh, which I downloaded off of dafont.com and then played with a couple of blending options to give it more emphasis. I decided on emphasizing the text by adding a female character screaming whilst looking at it, and made her purple to add some colour and mix and match with the text as well.

Story

In a school full of irresponsible students, comes a purple thing which begins harrassing students on campus. The monster's unquenchable thirst for blood grows every day until one day, a few friends decide to go to the swamp and confront him. After endangering their young lives to better get to know the monster, they realize that the thing is a lot more vicious then they ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment